RESIDENCY BY INVESTMENT
STEP GLOBAL will complete a free assessment / Applicant pays the property reservation fee
The required documents are collected / Due diligence and application document are submitted to the government / Investor executes Purchase and Sale Agreement for investment shares
90 to 120 days – application is processed / Investor pays the remainder of the investment / Investor receives ownership certificate
Proof of ownership is submitted to the government / Certificates of Citizenship are issued to the applicant
3 to 4 weeks – Passport is Issued
Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program
The Commonwealth of Dominica has been offering a Citizenship by Investment program since 1993 to stimulate its local economy by providing attractive benefits to foreign investors…
Under the program, individuals and families from other countries can gain an irrevocable lifetime citizenship and second passport, provided they have made the requisite investment and satisfied all requirements stipulated in the program.
STEP GLOBAL is an immigration consultancy firm providing high-level services to clients interested in acquiring lifetime Dominica Citizenship and a second passport.
Requirements of the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program
Individuals who wish to become Dominican citizens through investment must make any of these two investment options:
- Investment in the Economic Diversification Fund – A minimum investment of USD $100,000 for a single applicant; the required investment increases if more dependents are included in the application.
- Investment in Government-approved Real Estate – A minimum investment of USD $200,000 into any real estate project approved by the Commonwealth of Dominica.
In addition to the financial investment, applicants must comply with or meet the following requirements:
- Background check – The Government of Dominica performs due diligence on all applicants aged above 18. The program only accepts individuals who possess an outstanding character and reputation, have legally acquired their funds, and have no criminal record.
- Health/Medical examination – Applicants must be able to show they are of good health and are not afflicted by any contagious disease.
The program, which is under the jurisdiction of Dominica’s Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU), aims to boost local economic activities, spur more investments, generate local jobs, and create business opportunities for its population.
Benefits of Dominican Citizenship and Second Passport:
- Full residence status that grants you the right to live and work in Dominica
- Freedom to live outside Dominica – local residence is not required before or after citizenship is granted
- Right to hold multiple citizenships
- Visa free travel to more than 120 countries and territories, including EU countries, the United Kingdom, Singapore and Hong Kong
- Minimum tax requirements – No tax on wealth, foreign income, inheritance, or capital gains
How to Apply for the Dominica Citizenship Program
Applications for the program can only be made through an Authorized Agent of the Caribbean Economic Citizenship Program. CIU does not accept direct applications. Instead, it has granted approval to certain CIU agents to screen applications and educate qualified investors on its behalf.
Once the agent has submitted the application to the Government of Dominica, a waiting period of on average 60 to 90 days follows where the Government will facilitate the application and perform all required due diligence procedures. Applicants are not required to attend an interview. All communication between the applicant and the Dominican Government will be liaised by the Authorized Agent.
Get in touch with us for more information
If you need more information about the application process, documents and other requirements, get in touch with us through our online contact form and we will get back to you immediately.
Invest in your future
STEP GLOBAL offers a uniquely tailored package catered to each individual's background and requirements, in an effort to create a brighter future for you and your family.